Friday, March 29, 2013

What I think of 'professional' video game critiques.

I love video games. And when I say that, I mean 40% of my life is used up on playing Video games! Then the remaining time goes to my normal human activities. I'll play anything that either feels good to play or has a good story. Graphics are BARELY a problem or even a requirement for me. I can play games with pacman style graphics if the story or gameplay is good.

But one thing I don't like is how critiques will bash, nitpick and give DECENT games horrible reviews. I mean, I've had my fair share of bad games but I always say to my self 'Somewhere, somehow, someone will enjoy this.' After I put down my controller/psp/ds/whatever. I don't tell my friends not to play it though. I just say ' I didn't like it but if it's your style, go play it.' Hell, even if I hate the call of duty games I still tell them to buy it if they really like it!

I mean, not all hack'n'slashes and beat em ups are god of war clones! Not every shooter is a call of duty rip off! Fighting games are supposed to be repetetive! get in a motherfucking fight, let's see how repetitive it gets. If you actually pay attention to the stories in Rpg's you might actually cry! I just see people nitpicking at the minor things then don't even look at the good parts. SURE some games are horrible, but like I said, some where! Somehow! SOMEONE is going to enjoy this.

That's it. I'm gonna go punch a cow or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment